Recent work carried out by the Ipswich branch of the firm has included a historic restoration of the 1876 Bishop organ in the Church of the Holy Angels, Hoar Cross, Staffordshire. The organ was returned to as near as possible the original specification dispensing with later additions and alterations by the firm of Conacher Sheffield in 1934. The organ contains pipes from the Samuel Green organ made for Bangor Cathedral in 1799.
Great Swell Choir Pedal
Open Diapason 8 Violin Diapason 8 Stopped Diapason 8 Violone 16
Clarabella 8 Stopped Diapason 8 Dulciana 8 Great to Pedal
Principal 4 Gamba 8 Principal 4 Swell to Pedal
Fifteenth 2 Voix Celeste 8 Flute 4 Choir to Pedal
Mixture III Principal 4 Clarinet 8
Trumpet 8 Harmonic Piccolo 2
Swell to Great Oboe 8
At St John's church Felixstowe we have built a new three manual console for the 1895 Norman and Beard organ making additions to the specification and tonally recasting the instrument informed by its own tradition.
Great Swell Choir Pedal
Contra Gamba 16 Open Diapason 8 Open Diapason 8 Harmonic Bass 32
Open Diapason I 8 Stopped Diapason 8 Rohr Gedackt 8 Open Wood 16
Open Diapason II 8 Echo Gamba 8 Viol di Gamba 8 Bourdon 16
Hohl Flute 8 Voix Celeste 8 Suabe Flute 4 Octave 8
Principal 4 Gemshorn 8 Nazard 22/3 Bass Flute 8
Flute 4 Fifteenth 2 Piccolo 2 Fifteenth 4
Fifteenth 2 Mixture III Tierce 13/5 Octave Flute 4
Sesquialtera II Double Trumpet 16 Clarinet 8 Ophicleide 16
Mixture III Cornopean 8 Tuba 8 Trumpet (Sw) 16
Trumpet (Sw) 8 Oboe 8 Octave Clarion 8
Sub Octave Clarion 4 Unison Off Great to Pedal
Swell to Great Tremulant Sub Octave Swell to Pedal
Choir to Great Octave Swell to Choir Choir to Great
Unison Off Gt & Ped Combs Coupled
Sub Octave Gens on Sw Toe Pistons
Other work has included re-leathering the bellows on the five manual Rushworth & Dreaper organ in the Chapel at Christ's Hospital School, Horsham, new bellows for the one manual Bryceson organ in St Peter's Chillisford, the removal and reinstallation of the Bishop organ from Bardwell Church to Newport, Essex and cleaning of pipe work and restoration of manuals and pedal board as the first part of an overhaul of the 1894 Bishop & Son organ at St Mary, Sawston in Cambridgeshire.
At All Saints Maldon in Essex the three manual organ, which we had last rebuilt in 1966 was overhauled and rebuilt on a mezzanine floor above a new vestry, kitchen and toilets that were added in the side chapel where the instrument had stood. This included a new west facing case front designed to complement the nineteenth century chancel case that had come with the organ when it was brought from the Argyll Concert Rooms in London. Our association with this organ dates continuously from 1903.
Head Office - London:
58 Beethoven Street
Phone: +44 (0)208 969 4328